WHAT WE LOVE
The Willcox, a white-pillared Colonial Revival landmark on the National Historic Register, has been a permanent fixture in the resort town of Aiken, South Carolina since 1898. Starting with the inviting rocking chairs lining its pristine, white-columned front porch, The Willcox represents the casual glamour of a bygone era.
Guest rooms at The Willcox are comfortable retreats luxuriously appointed.
All are quiet and sumptuous with high ceilings, crown moldings, and restful, cloud-soft beds blanketed in cool, crisp linen. Most have crackling fireplaces, and each has its own character. The award winning Restaurant is a local favorite and a must for hotel guests.
Rejuvenation reigns supreme in the full service Salon & Spa. A salt water pool and small exercise room round out the amenities. A 2,000 acre surrounding park is laced with hiking trails and bridle paths. Golf and equestrian sports (polo, steeplechase, fox hunting) are available nearby, quaint shops and museums plus, the Thoroughbred Hall of Fame on the grounds of lovely Hopeland Gardens.
- 23 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites. Each with period antiques, high ceilings, deep soaking tubs, featherbeds and pillows.
- All suites and most guest rooms have fireplaces.
- Continental breakfast served daily.
- Award winning restaurant serving lunch, dinner, and bites menu daily along with Sunday brunch
- Private and in-room dining available
- Lobby bar
- Nightly turn-down service
- Use of our beautifully landscaped pool
- Exercise room and bicycles
- Business Center
- Wireless high-speed internet access
- 24-hour concierge service
- Pet friendly ($75 fee)
- Live music in the lobby Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday evenings and Sunday Brunch
- Award winning salon and spa
CERTIFICATIONS & AWARDS
- No. 2 Best Resort Hotel in the U.S.- Travel + Leisure 2016
- No. 1 Resort Hotel in the South- Travel + Leisure 2016
- No.7 Best Hotel in the World-Travel + Leisure 2016
- Top 55 Hotels in the World - Conde Nast Traveler 2013, 2015
- Top 20 Best Hotel in the USA - Conde Nast Traveler 2013, 2014, 2015
- Executive Chef Regan Browell - Best Chef's in America 2013, 2014, 2015
- Greenleaders GOLD - TripAdvisor 2014, 2015
- Award of Excellence - Wine Spectator 2014, 2015
- T & L 500, World's Best Hotels - Travel & Leisure
- Gold List, World's Best Hotles - Conde Nast Traveler 2014
- Top 10 Perfect Vacations - Conde Nast Traveler 2014
- Top 15 Business Travel Hotels in the World - Conde Nast Traveler 2013
- Top 50 Hotels in the World - Travel & Leisure
- Top 10 Small Lodge in the USA - Travel & Leisure 2012, 2013
- Good Earth Keeping Award - S.C. Hospitality Association 2012
Experience the ultimate in Southern Living with one of our Southern Living Hotel Packages:
Southern Living Food -indulge in a package designed for serious foodies
Southern Living Home - get inspired with new knowledge of design, style, and architecture
Southern Living Garden- tickle your green thumb with the inspiration gathered through our gardening package
Southern Living Wedding - the perfect start to the planning process of life's most anticipated occassion
Call Us at